Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sydney life.........

Hi. It has been a while since our last blog and since then we have been spending our time in Sydney working to earn back some of the money we've been spending. With the travelling life now over, things are slowing down.

Anyway, here's an update.

My first interview while in Sydney was for an Experienced Mercury QuickTest Tester. Although I didn't have the experience the agency said they would still have a check. The interview was with Optus and for people who know Sydney, Optus is the large building on the Northshore. The interview seemed to start OK but went to pot once the interviewer started asking questions that I didn't understand. He kept speaking in a funny language (I guess is Australian) and I just couldn't understand him. It turns out he was asking me questions that I did know the answer too, just I couldn't understand him. Anyway, he proceeded to joke about how useless my knowledge was, and even though I had completed the advanced course in training, it didn't mean I had any intelligence. With my confidence shattered and my new life goal to curse every Optus shop I passed, I had to start work as a Customer Service 'guy' for Woolworths short term.

Nikki, on the other hand, managed to get herself an interview on the 30th floor of the the Axa building on the harbour front. With the views of the bridge and the opera house she would have loved to work there, however, the company (Credit Swiss) decided she was 'over qualified' and would get bored so she has ended up working for a Recruitment company on the 5th floor of a building near the Rocks area working as a HR Officer.

Eventually though, I managed to find a more interesting sounding job (After a week without work). Getting to desparation point and thinking about giving up and coming home, I managed to get myself a job working for . . . . . . .Optus. This time it is on the 17th floor for the Comissions department and starts on Wednesday.

Hope this keeps people up-to-date and we will put some photos of our 'new adventures' soon.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're planning to be back before the Champions League Final. I am quite looking forward to watching it alongside you (presuming of course that Liverpool get there).

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home